Powered By Blogger

twitter

Monday 11 October 2010

Serene


I sit down by the canal lock

and write love letters.

not to anyone in particular.

I throw them to the wind you see.  
  
every 3rd Wednesday

I buy 3 roses and give them to

3 strangers

each time.  
  
I was going to write a verse

for a valentine’s card

but decided to blow my

brains out

instead.

empty gestures don't fill my balls. 
 
today I saw the

girl

who has inspired

every drop of ink

that has left my pen.

each and every word

I have written for

year upon year.

I saw her in Camden Market.  
  
vintage dress and ‘make up’ serene

like a screen queen or

a 1950’s prom queen awaiting men to do

men things.  

she will break many a man though.

I can tell just by the way she lights her

cigarette and takes her first drag.

unhurried.

no 'fuck me shoes' ever found their way on to her feet.

I found her

lost in rainbows under a

moody

london sky.
  
hope I still love you the next time it

snows.

I hear it’s romantic. 
  
I had never met her

or set eyes on her

before today.  
  
I just knew she

existed.  
  
© Danski  2010 © (copyright owned by the author T A Roberts)

7 comments:

  1. your whispers knock me to the ground x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing takes me by the shoulders and shakes me awake, every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. A genius creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sweet of you to say...I blush x

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely read... the images of love and Camden are strong

    ReplyDelete